Romo urges aid

Madang Soccer Association president Ray Romo is appealing to governors in the region to support their teams, who are travelling in for the tournament next week.

The tournament will be held from Sept 22-26 at Laiwaden Oval and has attracted teams throughout Momase.

The tournament will be held during the third term holiday and it has attracted interest as far as Vanimo, Angoram besides regulars Lae, Lahi and Wau.

The youth players will compete in the U-15 and U/18 tournament.

Romo said while it was a challenge for him and his organising committee, Madang would do its best to stage what they hope will be one of the best tournaments in the region.

“We want to make Mamose the stronghold of soccer in Papua New Guinea,” he said.

He reiterated what the Mamose governors’ council resolved earlier this year in one of their meetings to make Mamose a stronghold of soccer and said while the political will to make this happen was there, they needed to support soccer at all levels.

With only one week left, Romo is calling all affiliated and auxiliary member associations to confirm their participation before this week ends.

Associations are required to pay their K500 fee for each division to the MSA Bank account by the end of this week and submit their players’ bio data and birth certificates.

Copies of birth certificates should be emailed to momasesoka2014@gmail.com and or cwadunah@gmail.com.

Associations are urged to call the local organising committee on 422 1011 or 71759811 / 79511330.

Related posts

Comment